Each slab in your inventory is a valuable, natural product. Each slab is unique. When your customers ask for a specific color name, do you know which of your slabs will be a close match? Your customers are all looking for just the right shade and pattern... and you want to respond quickly and accurately. You need complete, detailed, up-to-the-minute information on all of your slabs: what’s available, reserved or committed; how many are left of a bundle; and so on. At Opus, we’ve considered the special needs of the Stone and Slab industry carefully and developed the Slab & Stone Adaptor. Meeting the Stone and Slab Industry's Unique Needs
The Slab & Stone Adaptor by Opus is an intuitive tool that's built on the SouthWare Excellence Series ERP so that you can take advantage of SouthWare’s strengths: a mature, integrated, and comprehensive business solution that makes the organizing, accessing and processing of essential business information easy.
With the Slab & Stone Adaptor by Opus, you can:
- Use SouthWare’s comprehensive Inventory Control suite to manage your inventory.
- Keep detailed information on each slab, including dimensions, condition, shade, a picture and whether it’s reserved or sold.
- Know the bundle and block each slab belongs to.
- Identify each slab with a barcode.
- Use handheld devices to read a slab’s barcode for receiving, sales, shipping and physical inventories.
- Use cross references to brand names of colors and styles.
- Use a look-up function to view a list of all available slabs in the indicated color and thickness.
The Slab & Stone Adaptor tool offers a number of key features:
- Purchasing orders by square feet (or meters).
- Receiving records the actual dimension of each slab
- Multiple POs can be received from the same container
- Timely landed cost figures based on actual or estimated values
- Record breakage and then create a new partial slab record
- Sales orders are entered by slab and the system automatically calculates the square footage, price and cost
- The status of each slab (available, reserved or committed) is kept up to the minute
- Pictures of slab can be viewed during order entry or in an online catalog
- Expand upon the Slab & Stone Adaptor tool with these powerful options:
- Handheld barcode readers can be used in receiving, making physical counts, by sales reps on the floor and in shipping
With the Slab & Stone Adaptor tool you can:
- Respond to customers quickly and accurately
- Maximize the value of your inventory
- Coordinate the efforts of your team: sales and warehouse, shipping and receiving now work together
- Know when holds are about to expire
- Benefit from all of the features of SouthWare’s Inventory Control, Purchasing, Point of Sale, Order Entry and Financial Systems